Your Personal Public Relations Tips From Howard Bragman
In his new book, “Where’s My 15 Minutes,” he talks about how he’s helped some of Hollywood’s most famous and infamous step from pitfalls to stardom and how those same techniques can be used for anyone’s life.
Read a few excerpts of his book below.
Howard’s 10 Commandments of P.R.
2. Perception is reality
3. Create a brand
4. The truth seeks its own level… eventually
5. Energize your base
6. The media will not wait for you
7. There is no wall between public and private
8. The medium is still the message
9. They’re only building you up to knock you down
10. Everyone has a second act
Perception is Reality:
How are you different? Don’t be afraid of what sets you apart.
The good news is that the vast majority of people learn from their mistakes. They not only try to become better themselves, but the smart ones use their mistakes to help others become better too. And that makes all of us better. In America, the land of second chances, down is decidedly not out.